About the Renovations at Grande Dunes Resort Club
The Grande Dunes Resort Course has long been regarded as one of Myrtle Beach’s best layouts, and a renovation project in the summer of 2022 has ensured the acclaimed property will retain its place at the top of golf’s most popular market long into the future.
The four-month project included the restoration of the course’s greens and bunkers and a complete renovation of the clubhouse and pro shop, expanding both. Founders Group International, Grande Dunes’ parent company, hired architect John A. Harvey, who worked with Roger Rulewich on the original design and construction of the layout in 2001, to spearhead the on-course work.
Among the highlights of the effort were:
- Grande Dunes, which restored its greens to their original specifications, reclaimed nearly 40,000-square feet of putting surface, an increase of 33 percent.
- The bunkers at Grande Dunes also had their original shape and contours restored, significantly improving their visual appeal.
- Additionally, the installation of new Capillary Concrete bunker liners has dramatically improved the conditioning and playability of the bunkers.
- Grande Dunes collectively expanded its fairways by eight acres, giving players few excuses to miss some of Myrtle Beach’s largest fairways.
- The improvements to the course are complemented by the overhaul of the Grande Dunes clubhouse, which now includes Terrazza 19, a new restaurant, dramatically expanded outdoor seating, and a larger pro shop.
Book Tee Time
Myrtle Beach Golf News
Follow the latest news from Grande Dunes and across the Myrtle Beach golf community, including written stories, golf tips, videos and podcasts.
Myrtle Beach’s 23 Must-Play Golf Courses of 2023
The New Year is upon us, which means it’s time to get serious about planning for your 2023 Myrtle
All Are Welcome: Terrazza 19, New Restaurant at Grande Dunes, Sets a New Standard
Grande Dunes Resort Course underwent a significant renovation project in the summer of 2022. The new
Myrtle Beach’s Newest Restaurant, Terrazza 19, Drawing Rave Reviews At Grande Dunes Resort Course
Myrtle Beach’s newest restaurant, Terrazza 19, which features a delectable menu and stunning Intra
Bucket List Courses, Big Challenges: The Hardest Hole on Myrtle Beach’s Top 10 Layouts
Myrtle Beach’s best golf courses provide many memorable challenges, but if you are teeing it up on
Take a Deep Breath: Myrtle Beach’s 5 Most Dramatic Par 4s
Many factors are involved in the evaluation of a golf course - shot values, creativity and challenge
Grande Dunes Resort Club Reopens Following Greens and Bunker Restoration Project, Complete Clubhouse Renovation
Grande Dunes Resort Club, one Myrtle Beach’s most acclaimed layouts, reopened September 15 followi
Couples Golf Trip: Myrtle Beach Has Is It All
Myrtle Beach has long enjoyed a reputation as golf’s ultimate buddies trip, but the area is an equ
Best Places to Play: Golf Digest Ranks 9 Myrtle Beach Golf Courses Among SC’s Best
As part of the relaunch of its popular “Best Places to Play” initiative, Golf Digest has unveile
Grande Dunes Resort Club On Pace To Reopen Sept. 15 Following Renovation Project
A comprehensive greens, bunkers and clubhouse renovation project at the Grande Dunes Resort Club is
The King, The Black Knight and Intracoastal: Myrtle Beach’s 5 Coolest Golf Holes
Myrtle Beach is home to a lot of golf holes - more than 1,600 to be exact - of all shapes and sizes.