Recent Golf Course and Clubhouse Renovation
In the summer of 2022, Grande Dunes Resort Course underwent a greens, bunkers and clubhouse renovation project that reinvigorated a layout already regarded as among the best in all of golf-rich South Carolina.
Led by architect John A. Harvey, who worked with Roger Rulwich on the design and construction of the course in 2001, the project ensured Grande Dunes would maintain its place near the top of the Myrtle Beach market for years to come.
Highlights of the four-month effort were:
- At the heart of the work was the installation of new TifEagle ultradwarf bermudagrass greens and the restoration of the course’s putting surfaces to their original size.
- Grande Dunes reclaimed nearly 40,000-square feet of putting surface, an increase of 33 percent.
- The bunkers at Grande Dunes also had their original shape and contours restored, significantly improving their visual appeal.
- Additionally, the installation of new Capillary Concrete bunker liners greatly enhanced the conditioning and playability of the course’s bunkers.
- Grande Dunes collectively expanded its fairways by eight acres, giving players few excuses to miss some of Myrtle Beach’s largest fairways.
- The improvements to the course were complemented by the overhaul of the Grande Dunes clubhouse and the opening of Terrazza 19, a new onsite restaurant that has drawn rave reviews from golfers and area residents in search of a quality meal.
Grande Dunes is better than ever following the renovation. We look forward to seeing you on the first tee.
Book Tee Time
Myrtle Beach Golf News
Follow the latest news from Grande Dunes and across the Myrtle Beach golf community, including written stories, golf tips, videos and podcasts.
On the Tee: 16 Collegiate Teams to Challenge Grande Dunes in New Tournament
Myrtle Beach long ago earned its reputation as golf’s most popular travel destination, and now the
Dramatic Drives and Coastal Vibes: Myrtle Beach's Finest Par 4s Revealed
It’s standard fare for golf courses tout signature holes, but there are only a handful along the M
Mid-Handicap Marvels: Myrtle Beach’s Top 5 Courses for Average Golfers
Golf courses have been ranked in just about every way imaginable over the years, with most lists cat
One Year Later: How Will the 2022 Renovation of Grande Dunes Impact Your Trip?
When a course reopens after a renovation, naturally it receives a lot of attention as people anxious
Local Notables’ Favorite Myrtle Beach Golf Courses
While we may not be L.A. or New York, there’s no shortage of possibilities for who you might see w
Beyond the Scorecard: 5 Things You Will Love Most About a Myrtle Beach Golf Trip
Let’s assume it’s a given you will enjoy the golf on your next trip to Myrtle Beach, but there i
72 Holes, 3,200 Golfers, One Goal: Play at Grande Dunes Resort Course
More than 3,200 golfers are descending on Myrtle Beach this week and they all have one goal: to play
Grande Dunes Emerges As One of Myrtle Beach’s Best Meeting, Wedding and Event Spaces
Grande Dunes Resort Course has long enjoyed a reputation as one of Myrtle Beach’s finest layouts,
One Of Myrtle Beach’s Most Popular Courses To Host World Championship Playoff
Grande Dunes Resort Course, long regarded as one of Myrtle Beach’s premier layouts, has been tappe
Player’s Choice: Myrtle Beach’s Top 10 Courses As Ranked By Golfers
Golf’s national ratings panels annually have their say in ranking courses and we’ve even surveye