About the Renovations at Grande Dunes Resort Club
The Grande Dunes Resort Course has long been regarded as one of Myrtle Beach’s best layouts, and a renovation project in the summer of 2022 has ensured the acclaimed property will retain its place at the top of golf’s most popular market long into the future.
The four-month project included the restoration of the course’s greens and bunkers and a complete renovation of the clubhouse and pro shop, expanding both. Founders Group International, Grande Dunes’ parent company, hired architect John A. Harvey, who worked with Roger Rulewich on the original design and construction of the layout in 2001, to spearhead the on-course work.
Among the highlights of the effort were:
- Grande Dunes, which restored its greens to their original specifications, reclaimed nearly 40,000-square feet of putting surface, an increase of 33 percent.
- The bunkers at Grande Dunes also had their original shape and contours restored, significantly improving their visual appeal.
- Additionally, the installation of new Capillary Concrete bunker liners has dramatically improved the conditioning and playability of the bunkers.
- Grande Dunes collectively expanded its fairways by eight acres, giving players few excuses to miss some of Myrtle Beach’s largest fairways.
- The improvements to the course are complemented by the overhaul of the Grande Dunes clubhouse, which now includes Terrazza 19, a new restaurant, dramatically expanded outdoor seating, and a larger pro shop.
Book Tee Time
Myrtle Beach Golf News
Follow the latest news from Grande Dunes and across the Myrtle Beach golf community, including written stories, golf tips, videos and podcasts.
One Of Myrtle Beach’s Most Popular Courses To Host World Championship Playoff
Grande Dunes Resort Course, long regarded as one of Myrtle Beach’s premier layouts, has been tappe
Player’s Choice: Myrtle Beach’s Top 10 Courses As Ranked By Golfers
Golf’s national ratings panels annually have their say in ranking courses and we’ve even surveye
5 Ways Grande Dunes Is Different Post-Renovation
A round at the Grande Dunes Resort Course features stunning Intracoastal Waterway holes, a central l
Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, Charleston? What Region is Home to South Carolina’s Best Golf?
From the mountains to the midlands and a stunning coastline, South Carolina is arguably America’s
Something New? 5 Myrtle Beach Golf Courses That Will Offer a Fresh Look This Fall
Myrtle Beach’s fall golf season offers a chance for players to enjoy the area’s idyllic 75-degre
PGA Tour Coming to Myrtle Beach? Here Are the Four Courses Best Positioned to Host
With Myrtle Beach rumored to be hosting a PGA Tour event beginning in 2024, the question on the tip
Dale Ketola From Grande Dunes Golf Performance Center Named One of World’s Top 100 Club Fitters
Golfers love getting new clubs, but even more important than having the longest driver on the market
Four Days, 5 Rounds: The Perfect Myrtle Beach Golf Trip Itinerary
With the spring season rapidly approaching, group leaders are mulling prospective Myrtle Beach golf
Seven Myrtle Beach Layouts Ranked Among America’s Top 200 Resort Courses
The arrival of the New Year brings the unveiling of “Golfweek’s Best: Top 200 Resort Courses in
Year in Review: 5 Biggest Myrtle Beach Golf Stories of 2022
At the beginning of 2022, Scottie Scheffler had yet to win a PGA Tour event and most people had neve